Guardian summaries: Teachers and administrators can invite guardians to sign up for email summaries to keep up with their students. Guardians can choose how often to get a summary—daily or weekly—and can unsubscribe at any time. Summaries include a student’s missing or upcoming work as well as new announcements and questions posted by teachers in the class stream.
Topics for Organization
- Topics for stream organization: Teachers can organize the class stream by adding topics to posts. Teachers and students can filter the stream by topic.
- Teachers and students can preview materials attached to assignments or posts.
- Teachers and students can view email notifications by class using Inbox by Gmail. Important updates from recent emails are highlighted in each bundle.
- Teachers can add a subject when creating a class.
New mobile app features
- Mobile annotations: Teachers and students can draw on, highlight, and write notes on documents and PDFs in the Classroom mobile app.
- Teachers can poll their students using multiple-choice questions and allow students to see a summary of their classmates' answers.
- On Apple® iOS®, teachers can post to multiple classes.