Hangouts have arrived for teachers through our district Google Apps for Education (GAFE) accounts. This is a wonderful resource that can be used to bring a variety of educational opportunities in our classrooms.
- Create teacher groups (grade level, teams, departments, etc...) and keep in touch through text messages
- Conduct video conferences to streamline cross district PLC meetings
- Connect with teachers/groups outside of the district for professional learning opportunities
- Share your screen with other teachers/coaches to help troubleshoot problems
- Connect your classroom to classes around the world for exciting learning opportunities
- And much more!
To start using Hangouts, navigate to https://hangouts.google.com or download the app on your personal devices. Once you login with your district Google account, you will be all set to start finding others and starting the collaboration!
We will be releasing a series of Teacher's Corner posts that highlights these different uses. Check back each week for new information, and if you want to dive in headfirst, contact your instructional technology coach!
Sean Mullins | Instructional Technology Coach